Monday, October 26, 2009

Configuring resin for remote debugging

I am using resin application server in my development environment. At times I need to debug my applications using resin container. I did some search and found a way to integrate resin to my IDE as follows.

For Resin-3.1.8.
I added few lines to my resin.conf file as follows
<jvm-arg>-Xdebug</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-Xnoagent</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-Djava.compiler=NONE</jvm-arg>
<jvm-arg>-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005</jvm-arg>


For versions prior to Resin-3.1.8.
I added few lines to my resin startup script as follows
httpd.exe -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005 -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -conf D:\resin\conf\resin.conf

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks it worked for me.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.